Extra, Extra, Read All About It!

I can see the headlines now.  “Husband Dies of Starvation and Wife has arm amputated”.

This may be exaggerating a bit, but really we have had a few weird things going on over here at our house.

What is the cause of it you ask?

This is the culprit!  Bead board on the living room ceiling.

IMG_5637

The first Saturday that we worked on it hubby’s jaw locked up and he could barely open his mouth.  It stayed that way for three days. (Hence the hubby dying of starvation).  Am I an abusive wife or what?  Thought that I was going to have to feed him through a straw. He does have problems with his jaw every now and then, but never this bad.  I’m sure it was caused by looking up and also stress from trying to line everything up perfectly.  On top of that, he had to cut around six cam lights.

By Thursday of the following week I could not move my right arm. I had problems with it two years ago, but it has been great ever since.  that is until the bead board ceiling.  We figured it had to be from helping to hold it up while hubby nailed.  I did have to have a few shots in the shoulder, but the Dr. was able to save the arm. lol!

Are we a comedy team or what?  Well alas, the ceiling is done (still needs painted) and now we just have to put it on one wall.  Easy peasy street.  Hubby has done plenty of bead board work before, just never on the ceiling.

This morning I painted the other three walls a pale yellow.  I’m getting so excited to see the room come together.  Here’s a sneak peek at a few items we will be using In the room.

IMG_0033

This picture was taken at the shop where I bought the mirror.

IMG_5638

IMG_5639

IMG_5641

IMG_5640

These vintage items are hanging out in my garage.  I bet that they are getting anxious to come in out of the cold.

I thought I would leave you with some white pics of what we woke up to this morning.

IMG_5631

IMG_5630

IMG_5632

IMG_5633

IMG_5634

IMG_5635

IMG_5636

As anxious as I am for Spring, I love how snow looks on my yard art.

I’m sure that the ground is happy for a bit more moisture.

Spring will come and I’ll be mowing before you know it.  I’d better enjoy what Mother Nature has given us.

Hugs,

Jann

I will be linking this post with:

Cozy Home Scenes for Cozy Home Tuesday

Ivy and Elephants for What's it Wednesday

Faded Charm for White Wednesday

Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday

Bunny Jeans Decor and More for Bunny Hop Wednesday

A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday

A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday

The Coloradolady for Vintage Thingie Thursday

20 comments

Dreamgoddess said...

It's looking good! We also put in a bead board ceiling several years ago and I remember what a huge job it was. Hope both of you feel better soon!

Old Time Cindy said...

Gee, we've talked about doing bead board ceilings, but I don't know if we ever should after reading your experience. Looks great though.

Grammy Goodwill said...

Your ceiling looks beautiful.

Kate said...

Jann

Wow I sure hope that you both will be doing better. It looks wonderful though and I love that old door.

Have a restful week
xoxo

chateau chic said...

Looks like you have some awesome items to put back in your room. What we put ourselves through to get the look we want! :-) Hope you all are doing better with your aches and pains.
Mary Alice

Diane Writes said...

The snow from your yard provides some artistic picture in me. It looks like a great painting.

I hope your arm is better now so that you could make up for your starving husband :)

Have a great day!

camp and cottage living said...

Every time you look at that ceiling you're going to remember your pain.
That mirror is awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing it all put together!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

How funny you are. It looks wonderful. Love all your white goodies! Great job on the ceiling!
Blessings,
Debbie

Kris said...

Ouch! Glad you are both better! Ceiling looks fantastic! Can't wait to see the rest. You have piqued my interest!

Heirloom treasures said...

Ha Ha, I had to have a chuckle. Looks fab though. Love boards on the ceiling, We have boards in our dining room,but the previous owners installed a new lower ceiling and we can't be bothered with the mess if we ever took it down,so up it stays. We only found out we had the board ceiling when we installed a skylight,so I pretend I never knew about it. Hubby is so pleased as you can imagine.
I love the look of your winter garden,we don't get snow, so it's like a wonderland to me.
I am looking forward to you revealing the new room
xx jeanetteann

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Jann, I'm envious of your nice ceiling and your snow! Looks like you two did a good job and still survived (barely). I don't think we will get snow this year. Our winter is usually not too harsh but has been very mild so far. Enjoyed your funny post. Thanks for coming to my party. Hope you have a nice week!------ Shannon

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Leave it to Mrs. Olson to starve her man! HA!

CanNOT wait to see the finished product, girl!

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Isn't it just beautiful what a fresh snow fall can do? It makes everything look like a work of art. I love the bead board! Sorry you had to suffer through so much to get it. I understand. My hubby works on all our remodeling, with help from me and the kids. Hanging 12 foot sheets of sheet rock to a ceiling is pretty bad, too!
Can't wait to see how it all turns out.
Blessings,
Susie

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Isn't it just beautiful what a fresh snow fall can do? It makes everything look like a work of art. I love the bead board! Sorry you had to suffer through so much to get it. I understand. My hubby works on all our remodeling, with help from me and the kids. Hanging 12 foot sheets of sheet rock to a ceiling is pretty bad, too!
Can't wait to see how it all turns out.
Blessings,
Susie

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Jann,
Wow, what a gorgeous ceiling...
I love it! I hope you two are feeling better...
I can't wait to see the reveal when it is painted! Well done!
All the Best,
Christine

Anonymous said...

Your bb ceiling looks awesome! Can't wait to see the rest of the room with all those yummy pieces in it.
Jeanni

Miri said...

The bb ceiling is wonderful! I love your snowy yard...some great vintage stuff out there!

LV said...

Any type overhead work is very hard on you. I cannot so it anymore.

Unknown said...

I've been wanting to put bead board on out ceilings, but now having second thoughts...LOL. Can;t wait to see it all finished. But I must say just cause you don't feel up to snuff you reallly didn't hafta show the white stuff...hehehe.

Kathy said...

I can just imagine what a time you guys had putting this up! I am sure you'll love it! I can understand shoulder pain - I have been doing too much lately - my husband had rotator cuff surgery a few years back - I hope I am not going down that road! I remember what it was like for him! Lovely accessories you've found! Snow! Gorgeous! We are having a sunny day and it should reach 60 - I will be gardening today!
Thank you so much for sharing with Home and Garden Thursday!
Kathy

Instagram