Springin Outdoors! 1st Share Your Cup Thursday. . .

Welcome to my first Share Your Cup Thursday.  I am so excited to be hosting.  So sorry for deleting this post earlier!  Can you tell that I am still learning? lol!

Courtney at French Country Cottage featured my Copy Cat post and I would like to say ‘Thank You”!  I will be linking this post today with her Feathered Nest Friday.  Shannon at Fox Hollow Cottage also featured my Spring Mantel on her blog today.  I feel very honored to be featured by these two wonderful ladies!


With the arrival of Spring, it is now time to bring Spring to the outdoors.
IMG_5916
My front porch is one of my favorite places to decorate for holidays.
IMG_5918
I placed a small quilt on top of the drop leaf table that once belonged to my husbands grandparents.
IMG_5922
You can see that this is where my tackle box (flower holder) and Pussy Willow ended up.
IMG_5921
IMG_5923IMG_5920
Simplicity on the front door.  A found bird’s nest to say welcome.
IMG_5919
My youngest daughter, Kylee and her husband lived with us for a month before moving to AZ last Oct.  She had made a pillow out of this old curtain that had hung at her FIL’s.  After they left I found this in the garbage.  Of course, I had to rescue it.
IMG_5915
Last night I made two pillows from burlap and the curtain fabric.  Aren’t they cute on my turquoise chairs?
IMG_5917
IMG_5924
I couldn’t resist this crackly turquoise bunny at T.J. Maxx.  He sits atop a faux cabbage leaf on my vintage pillar/pulpit/post.  Not really sure what it was used for.
IMG_5925
IMG_5926 - Copy

Not too much blooming in the garden yet.  The daffodils are just starting to open.
IMG_5928 - Copy

IMG_5927 - Copy
It seems like we all live such a busy life.  I learned a long time ago that we must take some time every now and then to fill our own cup.  If we ourselves aren’t happy, then how are we suppose to help make other people happy?
Please link up something that has helped fill your cup this past week.
Can’t wait to see what you have to share!
Here’s the rules:
1.  Be a follower of Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
2.  Please link back to this post so others will know where the party is.
3.  Please visit other participants.  I have found so many fun blogs through link parties!
Before I turn it over to you I want to say that Gayle from http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com/ won my pincushion give away.  Congrats!
Now it’s your turn:

*I have decided that my thumbnail is too small.  What good’s a thumbnail if you can’s see it, right?  I don’t dare change it in the middle of this link party.  Knowing my luck, I’ll lose the post again.  lol!  Next week it will be larger.  Still learning here.

Hugs,

Jann









21 comments

Connie said...

Your home is so lovely I fell in love with your living room in the post just before this one and now what a welcoming front porch. It's been so cold here that it is really hard to get into spring decorating. My heart wants to, but my old bones are still cold and waiting for some sunshine to warm them up and get my body moving. I really enjoy visiting your blog and would like to invite you over to mine. My welcome mat is always out, your devoted follower, Connie

Pamela Gordon said...

Hi Jann, I love your front porch all decorated for Easter and spring. It looks so pretty. I noticed all your vintage and antique items which are beautiful to have and use. My front porch doesn't have a roof so I'm limited by what I can put out. I'm satisfied with lots of flowers in the summer. Have a lovely day!
Blessings, Pamela

Pamela Gordon said...

Oh I forgot to mention I love the turquoise chairs! And the cushions you made are perfectly beautiful! Pamela

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

JAN!!!!
I am totally loving your front porch!! I wish my front porch had a roof over it to shelter it from the weather so I could put all kinds of pretties out there like you can with yours!!
Love the idea of using different doors as a decorative piece!
I LOVE everything about your porch!!
Thanks so much for sharing and thanks so much for hosting !! Congrats on your new party!!

I will be back to join in on the fun!!

Hugs,
Deb

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the turquoise chairs and all of your fun Spring things! The curtain was perfect fabric for the pillows! I'm trying to learn to think about creative uses for fabric, too! ♥

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Jann,
Your front porch all dressed up for Spring & Easter looks great! I love those chairs and the new pillows you whipped up are quite amazing too! Love the vintagey fabric!
The grass you started in the pyrex dishes look fantastic, what a great Spring idea! I will try again later to hook up to the party...I seem to be experiencing some technical difficulties.
Have fun!
All the Best,
Christine

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Jann,
I made it!!
Thank you for hosting!
Christine

Red Rose Alley said...

Your front porch is ready for Easter and spring! I really like the torqouise bunny. Don't ya just love TJ Maxx?
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Vicki/Jake said...

Love that red door! And that your first linky party seems to be off to a great start. Being where I am is way too limited on what I can do with any kind of decorating fun, so I'll just be visiting to see what everyone else is up to. I also smell a lunch/shopping day in the near future:) xox

LindyLouMac said...

Ok here I am to investigate, grab the linky badge for my memes and then see what I can find that fills the criteria. I think the most appropriate blog to play from will be my photography one Jann.
Thanks for the invitation to join in the fun.

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Girl, you're INTO this blogging! Thanks for inviting me to your new "Share Your Cup" Linky Party!

That was so sweet of you to gift me with those turquoise chairs. When should I expect them in the mail? I hope they won't get hung up too long in Customs and Immigration!

LOL! Have a great weekend... I'll get home Saturday. YIPPEE!

*hugs*
Kelley of Kelley Highway

Beth said...

Hi Jann, Your front porch is adorable. I enjoyed seeing your Easter decor and the pillow you made. I like the primroses in the tackle box too!
Hugs and blessings, Beth

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Jann, Your front porch is so pretty! My I wish we didn't have such high winds here. I do love a pretty porch, but everything needs to be fairly heavy or weighted down around here! I live on the prairie at the foot of the Rocky Mountains, so the gusts get going pretty good.
Your pillow you made are so perfect! I love them, they go with your chairs so sweetly! You have such a welcoming style.
Blessings,
Susie

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
I will definitely be back next week. Thanks for your visit. I can see the wreath on the thumbnail when I visit your blog....

Hugs,
Deb

A Few Pennies said...

Sweet outdoor vignette; love that metal chair with your pretty pillow; it all says spring!

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Ahh, makes me want to sit a spell on the front porch! Very pretty! Thanks for hosting this party!!

poppilinnstudios said...

Hi Jann,
Thanks for letting me know about your new Party! I look forward to seeing what everyone has posted. Your porch is so cute, love all the decor and your pillows are great. You are so creative! Have a great weekend!
-Lynn

Shannon Fox said...

I came over to link up, but linky is having some issues. I'll try to pop back over later =) Thanks for the invite! Shannon

CEO Lisa Anne - L.A said...

Thanks for the invite. I will come back tomorrow and try to link up again. The Linky tool is not working. Love, love your front porch and your chairs. I'm your newest follower.

Lisa

LifeLessOrdinary said...

Heard about the linky tools crash. Really bad timing, huh? I'll keep checking for the fix and link up with you when this nightmare is over.
Shasta

Carol Ann said...

Thanks for hosting a party! I love your porch decorations. Have a great day:)

Instagram