Pink Tea!

This morning I decided to start the day off with a pink tea.  And of course, having been born with a ‘sweet tooth’; some crumpets were involved too.

My jars filled with pink treats were perfect for such an occasion.

IMG_9829

I always snag up anything pink to fill my jars for Valentines.  Here we have grapefruit sours, marshmallows, and pink malted milk balls.

IMG_9833

See the cute little striped cookies?  I brought them home from Hawaii when we were there in Oct.  I spied them and knew they would be perfect for Valentines.  Do any of you do that?  Or am I the only crazy lady out there? lol!

IMG_9834

For this tea I am mixing old with new.  One of my pink depression glass teacups and saucer with a newer dotty tea pot.  Notice the fun tile?  My sister gave it to me one year.  I’m not even a big fan of chocolate, but I think it’s so cute!

IMG_9827

IMG_9830

I am serving up herbal raspberry tea.  Doesn’t that sound yummy?  And like I said, a few crumpets.  On Saturday we had an open house for my FIL’s 87th birthday.  I made all of the goodies.  I got a bit carried away and made more than we needed.  I gave as many away as I could but alas I still have some. Guess hubby and I will have to eat them.  What’s a girl to do throw them out?  Of course all of the sugar cookies were eaten (my favorite), but we still have Magic Cookie Bars, Brownies, Scotcharoos, and Choc. Chip Cake Bars.  I better hide the scales for a week or so.

IMG_9831

This sweet little serving tray was a thrift find from the St. George D.I. one year. It was only $5.  Awfully cute!  The creamer did not come with it.  I already had it.  I’ve been picking up a few things here and there for years.

IMG_9836

Faux cupcakes and a book of poems .

IMG_9832

My white throw from Ikea works perfectly for a pink ‘Valentines’ tea!  Thinking I should have not been so lazy and tied each leg with a pink bow. It’s not like I don’t have plenty of ribbon. Thought about it,  but laziness won out.

IMG_9826

Okay, okay, I just couldn’t stand it!

IMG_9838

Cuter, right?  Even if I did need to straighten the right leg better.  Oh well, this time laziness did win out.  Not about to fix it and take another picture. lol!

IMG_9837

Leaving you with a sweet poem from the book by Emily Dickinson.

Love

Love is anterior to life,

Posterior to death,

Initial of creation, and

The exponent of breath.

And one I wrote this morning.  Not quite like hers. 

How about you?  do you enjoy writing poetry?  Mine will never be published, but still I enjoy giving it a whirl.

Apart

My love, you are the one I adore.

When we’re apart,

I long for you even more!

It’s been that way from the very start.

Now I know why,

you are the one who stole my heart!

 

hugs,

Jann

I will be sharing with:

Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday

Alderberry Hill for Make the Scene Monday

Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday

 Bernideens Tea Time

Ivy and Elephants for What's it Wednesday?

Thursday Tea Things and Talk

A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday

Common Ground for Be Inspired

How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday

Green Willow Pond for What We Accomplished Wednesday

 

35 comments

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh Jann, what a sweet sweet pretty pink tea you have shared!

Everything is just so darned CUTE.

I adore that baby pink polka dot teapot, and your pink Depression glass is lovely. all your treasures just brought me the biggest smile.

I have to say I MORE than smiled- actually laughed at the "after with ribbons tied" pic. You did the right thing, made the "tea table" look perfect. Lazy be danged, huh?

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Beautiful!! I love your Pink tea vignette. Everything is simply lovely, Mrs. Olson. I love the.."after the ribbons tied", too..so cute! The pink teapot is so sweet and I also love all the pretty depression pink glass! Enjoy the new week.
FABBY

Patty said...

the pink candy bar is so pretty. I am having out of town company the weekend before Valentine's day and think I will make one too! Thanks for the inspiration! I love the faux cupcakes.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Love the throw and the ribbons are perfect....very, very pretty!!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Funny I had a dream about you last night! All I remember it was something for sale and everyone was fighting over it and it said From Jann Olson and I was so excited I was screaming..I know her!! To weird and funny. Why we dream what we do I do NOT know.
Love your pretty Valentine tea, can I come over ?

Tina´s PicStory said...

wow! that´s all so beautiful stuff and deco :)

Susie said...

Jann, Yummylicious.You know I am trying to not eat sugar .LOL I honestly would love a snack...better go outside and walk for now.xoxo,Susie
p.s. love the pink cup/saucer.

Old Time Cindy said...

Jann, you crack me up! Nuff said, now don't eat too much!
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

The Farmers Daughter said...

Jann! You made my day! I needed a giggle--and some inspiration. I got both here!
Blessings, My Friend,
Dru

Julie Marie said...

Beautiful tea and your poem is so sweet Jann... love love love everything pink... your polka dot teapot is adorable!... xoxo Julie Marie

Linda W. said...

That looks like a wonderful tea party. If I was closer, I'd take your extra goodies - they look yummy. :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The table looks perfect now! And look at the pretty treats! Enjoy your week!

Winnie said...

Everything looks soooooooooooooo beautiful!!
Pink is my favorite color and I just LOVE this post

Gina said...

It's all so pretty, Jann. I definitely want to come over for tea!

Unknown said...

Lovely 'Pink Tea'--such tempting treats, and so beautifully displayed! I actually saw the throw at IKEA the other day and was wondering what I could do with it--thank you for the inspiration!

must love junk said...

Oh, I love all of your candy filled jars and your adorable teapot-so pretty! And your poem is tres sweet! :)
Susan

Sarah said...

Jann, don't all bloggers do that? '-)

Thanks for having us to a pink tea. Love the jars of pink goodies. I like to do that too.

NanaDiana said...

What a pink and pretty tea you have set up there. Just lovely- I hope you had a wonderful day- xo Diana

Heirloom treasures said...

Lovely tea Jann,especially the pink depression glass.You see I collect it and just love to use it too. Love the table clothe tied with pink ribbon too :)

cynthia lee designs said...

What a pretty pink tea you shared with us. Love your jars with all the sweet treats in them. The table cloth is so cute with the pink ribbons.
~Cindy

Maureen Wyatt said...

It all looks so lovely but how do you stop yourself from eating all the pretties in the jars?

Sumaya at Evocative Vintage said...

I had a good chuckle reading your post Jann. What a sweet (pardon the pun) post and what a pretty setting and such yummy treats! I expected to see Alice of Wonderland and a few bunnies to join the tea party anytime!

That's how magical everything looks!:)

Hugs
S

Snap said...

Too sweet! :D :D Looks like you are ready for Valentine's Day, too! Love the pink teapot with the polka dots ... I adore polka dots! Happy Tea Day!

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

Love the pink bows on the table legs! I'm trying to tame my sweet tooth ;-) All of your "pinks" are pretty!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Love your depression glass, Jann! that teapot is adorable too. All the candy looks so pretty; who could resist? The table looks really sweet tied up with ribbon and I so enjoyed your pink post. Thank you for coming to tea and enjoy your day, my friend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Melissa said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your pink polka dot tea pot!!! My little girls are always begging me to have a tea party, now I am inspired!! :D thank you!!!

Schotzy said...

It all looks like so much fun and so tasty!Im your new follower, too!

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

Pretty tea setting and poetry! :) reading this early morning and now i want cookies for breakfast. I want YOUR cookies ! :)

Sandy said...

Love your beautiful pink table
setting and the cloth looks like a
lamb of sorts...
cute
Sandy

Antiques And Teacups said...

What a great pink tea! The pink teapot is fabulous! Love it! And the striped cookies are so cute! I have seen them with chocolate stripes, but never with pink! Thanks for linking to Thursday Tea Things And Talk!
Ruth

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Such a sweet Valentine Tea! Love how you used the white throw for the table covering, and the bows look so cute! Looks to me that you very rarely get lazy! Everything is always done beautifully! Love all the pink! Wishing you a good evening!
Nancy

Annesphamily said...

Such a sweet display! I love all those pretty jars filled with delightful treats! I love all thing tea so you filled my heart with joy tonight! HPS! Enjoy the weekend!

J.Rylie.C said...

Fabulous!

Please come and peek at my PINK.
Your comment is always a joy to read.

Kathy said...

Your pink tea is marvelous - I think the pink ribbon added to the throw did make it exquisite - amazing throw!
I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy

Kevin Walls said...

I can’t remember a time when I went for tea that didn’t involve a scone or a slice of cake. Even at home I’d have cookies and biscuits with jam reserved just for tea time. I dunno... sweets and tea seems to go hand-in-hand. And I don’t intend to change a thing. Heh.

Kevin @ Tea Life

Instagram