BONE-i-fied Fun Party!!

Hello my friends,
Craft group #1 celebrated a birthday last week.
 
 
The event was hosted by Jackie and it was fabulous!!
She blogs at Purple Chocolat Home
She made the macaroons.  Darling and delicious!!
 
You'll see by the photos that this girl loves purple!
 
 
Her two love seats at each side of the table were new.  Aren't they gorgeous?
 
The table was set with skelly dishes and the colors purple and gold.  This hearse was the centerpiece.  Isn't it cool and unique?
 
 
Candles were lit,
 
 
and pretty purple potion bottles along with more skellys ran down the center of the table.

 
 
Although skeletons were the theme, it was too pretty to be scary!  :)

 
One of our members, Laura was vacationing with her husband.  So this sweet gal took her place. (wink)

 

Jackie placed name cards at each setting.  She picked the perfect one for Laura!
 

 
She dolled up these little coffin boxes and filled them with homemade goodies.  They, and the macaroons were
 our take home treats.
 
 
 
BONE-I-fied fun everywhere you looked!
 


 
She just made the trees and banner.  Love them both!

 
And check out that chandy!  SWOON!!
 
 
Everyone but the birthday girl contributes to the meal.  Joanne made yummy asparagus/ham roll ups for our appetizer.

 
Natalie made this most delicious salad.  I have got to get the recipe!  It had Trader Joe's pumpkin brittle bits in it. . .YUM!
Brenda brought croissants,

 
 and I brought dinner in a pumpkin.

 
I bought small sugar pie pumpkins so each of us had our own.

 
Afterwards we made a Christmas craft.  Jackie had everything ready for us.
 
 
 It was quick and easy and we finished it that night. 
 
Karen was the birthday girl.  What a cute witch she is!!
Amy made the orange drizzled cake.  You can see the finished craft to the left of Karen.
 


Here is our hostess, Jackie and the birthday girl, Karen.
 

 
Craft group #1, minus Laura.  Laura's husband has dubbed us the 'over achievers'.  You can tell by Karen's table that he might be right.  :)  I am the hostess next month.  How does a girl compete with this?

 
(Amy, Joanne, Jann, Natalie, Jackie, Karen, Brenda)
 
You just do your best, don't worry; and be happy!!
 
hugs,
Jann
 
I will be sharing with these fun parties:
 
 
 
 

20 comments

Shirley Hatfield said...

What an active social life you lead! You amaze me constantly! I chuckled when you said "How does a girl compete with this?" I wonder that all the time. I'm afraid my Halloween decor is a pale and shabby imitation of what you and your other friends do so flawlessly. Can you tell I'm jealous? See you tomorrow!

Salmagundi said...

You don't need to worry about competing -- you always have wonderful, creative ideas. Can't wait to see what you come up with!!! Sally

NanaDiana said...

Oh, Jann!!! What FUN! I haven't done anything like that with girlfriends in a long time. I am just plain jealous! She did a fabulous job with her decor and table setting. I am sure yours will be equally adventurous. xo Diana

Kim said...

Oh my goodness.....you little social butterfly you.....you gals certainly know how to throw a party. Those skeleton plates are so cool and the purple settees........oh what luxuriousness!! I wouldn't worry about having to compete, lovely Jann, yours will be in wax lyrical proportions, too! =)

Summer said...

Such gorgeous styling and costumes ♥ Love that stuffed pumpkin ♥

Rose L said...

Leave it to you to come up with such clever decorating ideas! Wonderful.

June said...

OMG this looks like a blast!!! I want to move and be a part of this awesome group of girls! I just love the Halloween decor for this B-day party. What a creative hostess to come up with all this awesome-ness!
You all look so darling in the group pic Jann.
Jann, your comment was so lovely and I want you to know how much I appreciate it. You don't know how it brightened up my day.
sending love...

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

WHAT FUN!!!! Oh my gosh, I don't normally decorate for Halloween but now I really want to!!! Love all the purple, just too cute!

Katie Mansfield said...

Jann, this is fantastic. I love her purple. Perfect for Halloween. She went all out. That salad does look delicious.
I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Sandi Magle said...

So much fun...and yes, this will be hard to compete with, but then PURPLE is perfect backdrop for Halloween. Everything looked gorgeous and scrumptious. Love the skulls with the crowns, too cool. Thanks for sharing what must be the 'best'time. Sandi

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Oh how fun Jann, the purples are so wonderful and perfect for Halloween! Adorable hearse. The food looks absolutely delicious!
Have a great weekend!
gina

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

No that's an all out party! I'll bet you all had fun. I would love to have a craft group. Maybe my Christmas Prep parties will morph into a group of crafters.
Be blessed!
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

You girls are too much!! Too much fun! I love how you go all out with your parties. So happy for you to be part of such a fun group.

Jeanie said...

What a fun and clever way to celebrate a birthday and to gather with friends for craft day! Everything is so beautiful and so into the theme. And I love the project, too -- that's very clever. Hmmm. The last things I need right now is another project to divert me but this one is pretty darn tempting!

Christina Paul said...

How fabulous! What a fun and creative group of girls! Thanks for all the wonderful ideas :)

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

That must have been quite a treat and fun to be there! She always puts together great tables. The food looks yummy- especially the salad!

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

You all have such fun! What a great group of gals and just look at this fabulous and neat table!
Love those love seats too:)
Hugs,
Jemma

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I just made a blog friend list on my sidebar, and you are on it!
Hugs,
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

That Jacqueline sure outdid herself!! What a party, and you girls have the most fun! What a great group of girlfriends you have.

Pam Richardson said...

Jann, you girls know how to party. Your hostess had a fabulous tablesetting and she had thought of everything. I love macarons, even took a cooking class to learn the art! Have a great week, Pam @ Everyday Living

Instagram